Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Morning @Mazarita, though hoping for you it is well and truly good night and you're asleep now. I had a bad night sleep (or lack of) but managed to sneak an hour longer after falling back go sleep this morning.

As I said, hoping you're asleep but hi if you're not. ❤

Good morning, @CheerBear, got to sleep eventually, at about 3.30am. Awake again three hours later. Will sleep more after being here for a bit. Glad you got some more sleep too after being here super early, though I wish you were able to get more (every night).

Good morning, @Teej, may need to postpone continuing our discussion a bit longer. Yesterday was an out of the flat day, a washing day, and a change the bedding day, more than I've been doing lately of any of those things. Then an evening of getting through watching the final 26 videos for the project I've previously mentioned.  That's all distracted me from the tricky subject. A good thing, I think, as I can get obsessive when I get onto subjects like this, if I'm not careful, especially if I try to sort them out too fast. I can get a bit obsessive about sex in general if I keep it in the forefront of my mind too much, which can be an accelerating ride with my bipolar.

Better to leave the next instalment until it flows naturally, I think. Even if it takes me a while to get back to you on that, I am really hoping we can continue the thread of that conversation over time. As @Tortoiseshell, said, it seems worthwhile to share about 'taboo' things like this, that are not often talked about, and yet which are important parts of our lives (thanks for your comments too, Tortoiseshell). 

Good morning, @Zoe7, reading about your last days at work on this thread here and elsewhere. With you even when I'm not commenting. Wishing you the smoothest time for the final days of the school year. Sounds like you are becoming clearer about what needs to happen for you next year. You seem to be moving through this stress with good sense and balance, way to go.

Good morning anyone passing through here today. Hope it's a good one for all. Heart

Hi again @Mazarita and to anyone passing by 🙂

Great to hear you got through those videos. How did you go at the doctor (I think you had that on yesterday)?

I've just kid swapped a big for another littler as mine is off to their first day of their new school as part of transition. There is one other from the same school they're in now going to the next and their parent is dropping them both off and I'll pick them up. So much easier to share these things when 5 kids need to be in two different places at the same time!

Hope the morning has started well enough for you and all ❤

@Mazarita I think making the decision to move schools has been a really big one but a necessary one. I do feel a sense of relief after making that decision even though there are a lot of 'what ifs' happening at the same time. I am hoping for a closer school so there is less travelling. I know that schools are filling vacancies now and that transfers have already been done so I am a bit anxious about where they could possibly place me but that is out of my hands. Can only cross my fingers and hope for a school that is closer and one that I can 'fit in' with.

@CheerBear It is great that you and another mum are tag teaming the drop off and pick up of the kids - makes life a little easier for today.Smiley Very Happy

@Teej hope today goes well for you Smiley Happy

Morning @Zoe7@CheerBear@Mazarita and all passing. 

D9AD296D-39CC-4898-BF1A-6C7D05B73F83.gif

Maz i totally understand needing to leave a topic for a while. I’ve done it before as well. So good to hear of your productive day. I had an ok day too. I managed very slowly to clean out one set of kitchen cupboards which had a flow on effect of rearranging some things to put stuff away. I then managed to clean off a desk which had been stacked with the overflow of kitchen containers and bits and pieces. Doesn’t sound much but it was the first step forward for a week. 

CB pretty exciting for one of yours today. I’m excited for you and them. Fabulous that you’ll have this support with different schools. 

Zoe I hope you have a good day today as well. I know it’s going to be pretty tough waiting to see what will happen re your placement. 

I have my group shortly. I was stressed about it last night, it’s about me trying new things so I guess it makes sense. Am doing ok. Feeling tired from not as much sleep as I’d hoped to but I guess in the scheme of things it’s just a small whinge. Oh and I forgot ......drum roll......just in case you’re dying to hear how my bowels are going 😜🤦‍♀️.......yesterday was actually normal.....one visit and one completely normal :pile_of_poo:. 😂😊😘

haha @Teej - so glad your bowel movements are back to normal Smiley Very Happy It is often those simple things in life that can really affect us so it really is good news for you.

I have sent an email off to the HR person this morning (after leaving a message by phone) - I needed to sort out a pay issue ...one and a half days I haven't been payed for so that will need to be sent to payroll from her to clarify and then they can pay me for those days. I really need the money so I hope it is done quickly. I also mentioned that I would like to discuss next year a bit further so hoping she gets back to me sometime today. I know it would be super busy in her office but still hoping I receive either a call or email ASAP.

I am heading to the pool today - haven't been for 2 weeks because of work so it will be nice to catch up with everyone and have a float around in the water - I do miss it but it hasn't been possible with work. 

It is great that you have had a tidy up - those things can become annoying when they pile up. I still have some things stscked in my kitchen too but nowhere to put them until my garage is sorted and I can store some stuff in there. I need my roof fixed first and then a few days in a row of clear weather to get everything out, the shelves put up and things sorted onto shelves - that will all be a holiday job.

Thank you @Teej for your greetings and I wish you the seasons's complements.
Bimby2.

Good morning @Bimby2. How is your day going? 

Popping by in between things. We have people coming over soon and a couple staying for a special thing.

@Zoe7 hope you enjoy the pool and catching up with people. 🤞 you hear back from HR soon. You don't need to add that stress at the moment! 😏

I found but won't upload a happy dancing :pile_of_poo: gif @Teej. It made me giggle though. Great to hear that one seems to be getting better for you. Hope your group goes well today!

I'm feeling the feels today, thinking about the start and the end of a chapter for mine. I've been thinking about their journey through this little stage and how they've faced some hard stuff but seem to have taken so much good from it. I can't wait to hear how their day has gone and can't stop wondering what they're doing at the moment. We will see them make a couple of speeches, one for a gig they've been doing all year, and I am so much looking forward to it. They've done quite a number of speaking in front of people things and each time I hear and see it I fill up with great feels to see them standing tall and with confidence - something they have learnt to do as they were quite shy and quiet not too long ago. Today is a good day. Proud mum today 😊

Better get back to it! Hoping the afternoon goes along well for everyone 🙂

So lovely to hear about your LF speaking in public with confidence @CheerBear - you really must be such a proud mum Smiley Very Happy

The pool was okay - it was super busy today so I didn't stay as long as I usually do but it wsa nice to catch up with a coulpe of people and say a goodbye of sorts. I won't see any of them before christmas as I am working in those times I usually go next week and the week after the pool will be closed for christmas. So today was the last time I will probably see most of them which is a little sad but I need to deal with that.

I hope you are having an okay day with visitors and your LF starting out of their new journey - a day of mixedm emotions for you I'm sure. hope they are having a ball and loving every minute of it.

Will check in with you later to see how theirs and your day have gone Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.