Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

New project

Hi @Lauz @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar @Shaz51 @CheerBear @Razzle @Former-Member @utopia @Flying_Hams @Ant7 @greenpea @nashy @outlander and others reading this:

my daughter and I have come up with a plan to sew and sell bsby items online. 

We are in the process of working out name, what items we’re going to make. 

Today we went to spotlight and bought a few different material. 

My D will create the online bit cause I have no idea. She will create Instagram and website. 

I’m so excited today. This could be the start to making extra money. 

My d has time at home snd I have 2 days off now so when A is asleep. 

Any other bsby ideas would be great. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: New project

Oooh @BlueBay this is SO exciting! So happy for you (and for anyone who gets to buy your lovely creations) 😊😁😊

Do you have Pinterest? Ideas galore on there!

Something I made for my babies (and was proud of because I don't do sewing well) were little tag blankets with ribbons on the side for playing with. I'll have a look for a pic online to show you what I mean. They're really cool and might sell well 🙂

Here are a couple @BlueBay 

images (90).jpeg

images (91).jpeg

IMG_7768.JPG

They'd be so nice in bumpy minky fabric (I think you had a lovely yellow fabric like that before?).

@BlueBay  Hi BlueBay good luck with your business 🙂 that is fabulous. Unfortunately I know nothing about babies these days as I am not a grandma lol and kids are all in their twenties :D. So long ago but I suppose things haven't changed too much. I will try and think which you know is hard for the pea at the best of times Smiley Winkxx

Razzle
Senior Contributor

@BlueBay  This sounds like a fantastic idea.  As a patchwork/quilter I have made “I Spy” quilts.  Made using a mad mix of prints and colours, big enough to be a lap quilt for a little one to use in the car.  As they get older the can play I Spy using the prints on the fabric.  

These are quilts that are very quick and easy to make

Oooh this is SO exciting!, soo cool my sister @BlueBay 

nap.jpg

Thanks @CheerBear they look really nice. Xx

utopia
Senior Contributor

How wonderful @BlueBay . Sounds like a great idea. And to work with your daughter would be a great bonus. 😀

What a fantastic idea and how great for both of you @BlueBay 

I am sorry but I am totally useless in that area - I know what I like but we need a wider few for a public - I wish you and D all the best

It will be quality time for you and D

Dec

that sounds really great @BlueBay
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.