Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Pots
New Contributor

First Time Poster

Hi All

Coming up to a rather stressful health related anniversary. This year i am particularly struggling as have had a rough year or so with marriage breakup, becoming a single parent, work stresses plus the overall ongoing health stuff.

I have been having nightly dreams where i need the life saving operation again. Im on the operating table. Some nights i get it, others i dont.

While i have always known my experiences in life have been "not the norm" this is the first time i have recognised that i may have PTSD or something. I have seen apsychologist off and on for years- but i always present as high functioning fighter.

Thanks for listening.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: First Time Poster

@Pots  Hi Pots and welcome to the forum :D. We are a friendly group of formites which consist of mi sufferers, carers, siblings etc. You might like to have a look around the board at the various threads and post when you feel ready. A good place to start is the Good Morning!  thread which is basicaly a thread which formites post on all day 24/7. Just remember if you want to post to someone in particular put a @ in front of their name like I did for you and they will be sent a notification of your post. I hope to see you around the forum. Love greenpeaxx

@Pots  Another welcome from me. 

Hey @Pots you have had a lot going on lately by the sounds.

It's good you found the forum. I've found people here accepting and supportive. Welcome.

Soldiering on can be relentless and exhausting, however well you appear to be coping. I've spent a lot of time in that space. My psych said that everyone, no matter how resillient, has their limits. Turned out to be kinda prophetic for me as I hung in there for years until a crisis made me reassess. Do you think your psych is taking you seriously? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Pots , just wanted to say hi and welcome. I still class myself as relatively new to the Sane forums and the guys here are wonderful and supportive. 

I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD and still trying to wrap my head around it. 

Hope you are doing as good as you can be right now

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.