Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

@Adge 

Hope you feel better soon, but I know a lot of your health issues are chronic, and its mainly just endure.  Great that you peepled your aviary with more birds.

Heart

Def worth getting HCC as there are many small benefits that add up.  

Smiley Happy

Phew @cutiepiekitty  you and @TAB  have had shockers of high temps.

We are luckier down south, but still have climate issues.

Too much heat does not bring out the best in me, have even thought of jumping Bass Strait for a cooler clime.

Best Wishes all

Smiley Happy

@eth @Flying_Hams and others passing through ...

Yeah def need somewhere cooler as get older @Appleblossom its low 30s most of this week here then mid 40s on weekend haha going to get kmart blow up pool finally. Have to

Predicted 39 today, down here, but then down to 20s ... @TAB 

Smiley Happy

SO cant complain, except for bloomin Melbourne Tunnelation issues with consortium blowing out costs and putting it on govt, but not being careful about waste.  Apparently they stopped the digging but paid workers to hang around.  Thats wot local rags are saying anyway.

Used to know engineer on original Yarra tunnel ... humph .... there are always issues.

Supposed to be better when it all happens ...???  

Yes private companies always cheat the govt, overcharge, get paid contract plus paid again when they compain not making enough.
Mate worked on desal
plant in Adelaide @Appleblossom .contractors robbed govt blind theyd load trucks with stuff and take it to their business down the road, pay people who werent there, charge twice for things like the old find some material lying around take it and make something then charge for materials they took from someone else then its all back on govt

@Appleblossom it sure has been hot. 26 at 12.30 feels almost cold after it! Even the pool was warmer at 27 this morning!

@cutiepiekitty Yep!  Just about to jump in kwik shower after watering plants.

Smiley Happy

@Flying_Hams How is the air quality up where you are?

An accountant once said she could always tell when there was "creaming off the top".  I did not quite know what she meant, but sadly I do now. I was out of my depth working at tax chasing up big cheaters, but then the head of tax got done!. Some people are Unbelieveable.  Enough's enough.

hey AB @Appleblossom

It's not too bad atm.

Apparently it will be worse tomorrow however. So will have to hope for the bst I think.

Hope you have had a good day.

I was bored out of my wits. First time that has happened in a while lol

Good morning @Appleblossom @Flying_Hams @cutiepiekitty @TAB @Adge @saturnzoon   hope today has started gently and continues that way for all.

Hi and good morning all! @Appleblossom @Judi9877 @opinions2019dec @BlueBay   @Bimby2 @cutiepiekitty @Meowmy @saturnzoon @Ant7 @Gazza75 @TAB @boot  @CheerBear @Maggie @Sherry @Hamsolo01  @Adge @Angels333  @The-red-centaur @Snowie @outlander @Sans911 @Teej @Ant7  @Shaz51 @Molliex @Scarecrowe @octavia @Maxi7 @Sophia1 @Exoplanet @frog @Zoe7 @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope   Sorry if I've missed anyone.   Welcome shout out also to @-Liz- @Ralph @YellowbrickRoad @LA_ @DesertRat @AndromedaSun11 @opinions2019dec @Phoenix80 @Fluttershyy @Loreli @Headaches  and any other newcomers seeing this.   

Please feel free to tag anyone I've missed.

This is a mostly social thread, but it's also a good place to share a bit of what's going on for you and meet new people who may have some common ground with you.  A place to hang out on a Saturday when the forums can be a bit quiet.

Off to a slow start today, feeling a bit flat.  Started a new med that's meant to help with sleep last night and it didn't make any difference at all.  Pdoc said use it every night til I see her next and I felt really hopeful - less so now.  But as with lots of meds, it may take a while to adjust to and feel its full benefit.  I go through months at a time of being resigned to having only short naps all night (up to 8 naps to get around 8 hours total) and then I have a period where it really frustrates me and I feel tired all the time and resent it - got emotional talking about it with pdoc on wednesday so she said there are 2 more meds that might possibly help and to try this one first.  Problem being neither of them are on the PBS and both quite costly (out of my limited DSP).  So that's my rant for today.

Time for brekky ......  Image result for rainbow breakfast pictures

Image result for rainbow breakfast pictures

and a theme song for today ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFH5JgyZK1I

@eth tag these sleepy heads. It's time for Saturday soiree😀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.