Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dynamics
New Contributor

Needing help (PTSD and Stress)

Been going through hell the last few months with stress on top of stress. Been trying to see a psych since march and have not heard back from the ones I've called or emailed. Does anyone know of a psychologist who does appointments by phone or Skype etc as I feel like I am getting worse and worse and really need to speak to someone about it

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Needing help (PTSD and Stress)

@Dynamics  Welcome to the forums.

I’m sorry things are so hard for you at the moment.

Have you talked to your GP about seeing a psychiatrist In your area, they can do referrals ?

Or even talk to your Dr, so he/she knows how bad it is getting for you.

I wish you all the best, and hope you find someone.

Hi Maggie,

I have a referral from my Doctor but the psychologist on there has not responded to me at all so I have been looking for another one.

I have called and emailed at least 5 different psychologists and none have returned contact with me which is making me feel even worse.

@Dynamics  I’m really sorry to hear that, and understand how it would make you feel worse.

Would it be helpful to go back to your Dr, and let them know ?

A forum tip I forgot to mention. The @brings a dropdown, that’s how we tag each other, and know to reply. Otherwise we might miss it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.