Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bella0
Casual Contributor

Really struggling

Been having such a hard time for months and I am so exhausted and feel so alone. My mental health has been going downhill so fast since the start of covid. It's taking everything I've got to just keep fighting and not give up. Work is absolutely destroying me at the moment, they are making us work 7days a week for months on end now and I'm at breaking point but feel completely powerless as I financially cant leave the job right now, I have asked for at least 1 day off a week and my boss pretty well dismissed it immediately and laughed in my face, everyone else that works there is getting regular days off or their usual weekends while they are working us into the ground, just so angry with the whole situation at work. All the self care etc that my dr and psychologist has told me to be doing on a daily basis hasn't happened in months and im self harming again just to try and cope with work, too exhausted to do anything for me, everything is just so overwhelming and all I need is a bit of breathing room to try and deal with my mental health issues and I just cant get it, feeling so stuck and dont know what to do anymorr

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Really struggling

Hi @Bella0 and welcome to the SANE forums.

It sounds like you have got a lot on at the moment with no time off for yourself.

I am glad you are already seeing your dr and psycholgist, that is a step in the right direction.

Just wanted you to know that I hear you and what you are going through sounds like a lot to handle at the moment.

Asking for a day off a week sounds plausable to me, is there someone above your boss that you could talk too. 

@Bella0  I really am sorry to hear how badly you are being treated at  work. 

I dont know if you can you can talk to a union , or someone who deals in fair workplace issues. I think your boss laughing in your face is unacceptable, as is working 7 days a week for months.

I don’t know if your Dr of Psych can give you a certified for time off, you sound unwell, and it won’t improve without time out.

Welcome to the forums. I’m pleased you have found us here.

@Snowie  unfortunately no theres noone higher, just have to keep trying to hang in there and hope it changes soon, Just get so frustrated as I know having a bit of time to myself will make such a difference and everything outside of work has been pushed to the side and Im suffering for it yet cant do much about it

@Maggie  no unions with work and dont really know of anywhere to turn. i know it's time I started looking for a new job as I dont see it improving and know it's probably time to move on, i couldn't believe the reaction I got when I tried to talk to the boss, walked out completely shocked, it made me realise I have to get out of there asap, not a good environment at all and need to find something a bit more balanced so I get some days off and time for myself, 

I just know it's going to be so very difficult due to everything happening at the moment. Thanks 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.