Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Tafe said I can have a week's extension @Sans911 so I've got 10 days instead of 3 now

That's really good news @outlander. Did you get in touch with your lecturer at all?

Sort of @Sans911
In the email I sent I asked for help with them because I was having trouble with understanding it but the response was 'hi ____ I can give you Another week to finish the assignment"
That was it...

That's really helpful isn't? NOT. See if you can do some research on communication, recovery plans, active listening in the next few days @outlander.

Lol @Sans911 yes very uh helpful of them.
I understand the content of the work but I can't get it to relate to the questions. Like as I'm reading I totally get what active listening is, and like the rights and responsibilities etc but when I'm asked the questions I go blank even if it's in front of me. I got the first question answered but I have the rest plus more case studies to go yet. Some of it is because the content doesn't contain what they have asked. E.g what should be involved in a referral to this or that place but in the course there is 2 sentences in the making referrals sections (which just says why a referral to someon/somewhere else would be needed)
Mostly though it's the inability to get the content to relate to the question.
I answered 1 question in 3hrs today which is unusual for me. Sorry for wasting your time today too in those hrs. It is really frustrating that I'm just not getting it

You haven't wasted my time at all today hun. It's quite OK. I'll take a look at it a bit more tommorow. I've got case studies like this in my uni course. I totally drew a blank as well. I get the frustration. Helping was the most productive thing I've done today. I'm stuck with my assignment, and I also have fallen asleep twice today for a couple of hours at a time. I'm not sleeping very good at all. Maybe time to give up these uni studies for a while. It's really messing me up @outlander

Hi @Snowie - hope you're okish.
Hiya @Shaz51 & @greenpea

Thanks sis I do very much appreciate your help even if we are both having mental blanks!

Are you thinking of deferring for abit? @Sans911 or sticking this one out and not doing any more? Is your assignment something I can help with?

I think once I'm finished this course I won't be doing any more for a while. I think my brains had enough even though studies are something I enjoy. If I do any more courses it'll be like day/2 day sorts of things or interactive courses e.g a first aid course or instructors course (runs for 2 days) but not such big commitments.

@Shaz51 @greenpea @Snowie 💕

@Snowie how are you holding up? I have a feeling it's tough atm as you've not been online for a few days..
Here for you too 💕

Not good @outlander 

Want to talk about it? @Snowie we are here for you too xo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.