Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday// Burn Out // Tues. 23 Jan. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Carers Topic Tuesday banner.png

Hi everyone,

For the "average" person, the holiday break provides a time to unwind and relax after a big year. For those of us with a loved one with a mental illness, it can mean added stress through services being closed, disruptive routines, triggering holidays - things that the "average" person wouldn't understand.

This is why January frequently "burn out" time for many of us. 

During this Topic Tuesday we will discuss noticing and managing burn out when it creeps in. Whether you have wonderful strategies to share or are in the middle of it all and need help - join us from 7pm AEDT.

Two things you can do now:

1) Hit the 'Like' button below if you want an email reminder on the night 

2) Read our blog about Burn Out 

133 REPLIES 133

Re: Topic Tuesday// Burn Out // Tues. 23 Jan. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Hi everyone!

A big welcome to @SUZZ @cheerbear29 @Hari @MandyO @Mummybear @montessori @Timo375 @Jadedjenny @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Former-Member @Crackedmug @Shaz51 @BJK @Rbc @outlander @Dhg @Waterfall @Determined who hit 'Like' on this post to get a reminder about this session.

A super big welcome to those who are new to this community. Just to give you a bit of an idea of how tonight will work - we will be having a community discussion about the topic of burnout. In order the see the latest post, you have to 'refresh' your page to see it - it won't automatically pop up. You will also need to keep an eye on page numbers, at either the top or bottom of the page.

Don't worry too much if you miss some posts, just feel free to respond to what you can, when you can, (and if you want!) 

If you would like more information on how to use the Forums, you can check out this 'How-To' guide.

I will be sharing some information about burnout, but this discussion is very much open for people to share their experiences - including what works and what doesn't work. We're all experts in our own experience, and by sharing yours, you may just help someone else.

Stay tuned for kick off in 5 mins Smiley Happy

Hi everyone,

Welcome to our first Topic Tuesday of the year.

We chose this topic because sometimes the holiday season isn’t actually a ‘holiday season’ at all – in fact it can be the opposite and we are faced with burn out.

Tonight we are here to talk about what burnout is (though if you’re here it’s likely you have identified that you’re either burnt out or on the road to it) and share strategies with each other on managing current burn out and prevention for the future.

How about we start off by having a check in – how are you all travelling? On a scale of 1 (I’m awesome) to 5 (I’m so burnt out) where would you place yourself at the moment?

Balanced at 2.5 😊

Helloooo @NikNik Smiley Very Happy

On a scale of 1 (I’m awesome) to 5 (I’m so burnt out) where would you place yourself at the moment? --- ammm @NikNik I would put myself tonight at number 4

Exhausted at 5

I was beyond 5 over Xmas and New Year but have since recovered!  Not a great place to be.

Hello @Mazza1, @Janna Smiley Very HappyHeart

Hi @Shaz51 and everyone 😀

@NikNik
With a wry smile - Number 2
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.