Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Hi people!

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

That is so good for you. Keep it up! 🙂

Hi @chibam 

If you were refering to online dating services, i have tried that but doesn't work out. Everything seem so superficial and fake. I think i am not the worse looking guy or not that poor. But i couldn't seem to even get a chance for a start. The song you mentioned "somebody to love" been one of my favourtie songs of all time. But i don't want it to be my favourite song anymore. Haha. 

Secondly, i think we had similar inspiration. I used to like to help people. I remember wanting them to feel alive and happy with what they have and what they could achieve. Keeping the body and mind fit so, people could enjoy life to the fullest. 

But well, now everything feel so blurry. 

I don't feel the same and see the same anymore. I just want to avoid people now. Because doesn't matter. They will fall into being victims again. Victims of the society, enviroments, get bounced around like a ping pong ball and found themselves in a dark coner, again. Like me. 

So I don't know. I just don't know anymore. I just don't feel the fire inside me anymore. Not even a spark. Feel empty. What could possibly makes a change inside me again i wonder. 

A person? A materialistic thing? An experience? I don't know. But it better happen soon. 

Hey @SunnyRays ,

What have you been up today?

I've been out and about all day. Only just settled to my computer to perhaps tackle some uni work.

At the moment, I'm craving JUNK FOOD. I've been eating healthy for a long time now... I wouldn't mind some fries and something sweet.... argh... 

I might get takeaway tonight for dinner.

BPDSurvivor

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

I haven't done anything productive today. Well, i made some char seiu pork with the ready made sauce from Asain supermarket. It turned out not bad i guess. 

May be i will go grab a couple of Uncle Tetsu cheese cake. Might as well just eat it to stop the craving. Lol. 

Hi @SunnyRays ,

Well, a kind neighbour just came and brought this delicious chocolate mousse cake!!! Yummm! My craving has been satisfied. However, I think I'm still going to get fries and a burger tonight for dinner.

the Char sieu pork sounds yum! Awesome work cooking! That's productive - well I call it productive.

BPDSurvivor

@SunnyRays wrote:

Hi @chibam 

If you were refering to online dating services, i have tried that but doesn't work out. Everything seem so superficial and fake. I think i am not the worse looking guy or not that poor. But i couldn't seem to even get a chance for a start

No, no. I wasn't.

I was referring to a service that, as far as I'm aware, doesn't even exist at the moment.

Like, you know how some people have friends who are always very eager to set them up with other single friends who they figure will be a great match for them? Well, what about a service where you can "hire" one of those friends for yourself? To have a person who is duty-bound to seek out your soulmate and set the two of you up as a couple?

IMHO, this is what therapy really ought to be for lonely people; subcontracting a therapist to find you a match and set the two of you up together.

Hi @chibam 

Haha, that's a good point. People wouldn't be too lonely if everyone got a friend like that. 

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

What a nice neighbour you got there. I don't know anyone from my left and right. Anyway, i hope your weekend is going great. Enjoy your cheap meal. 

Actually @SunnyRays ,

I think it goes two ways. I often drop off food to neighbours seeing I live alone. It's hard to cook for one. Hence, people also drop food off to me.

I've also been doing rounds for people in isolation. Do some shopping for them and drop it at their house.

Sharing, giving and helping others is what brings me joy, especially during lockdown.

BPDSurvivor

Wow @BPDSurvivor 

Aren't you an angel. It would be so good to have a neighbour like you. Here in the city, everyone going in their ways. Even though people are just a wall apart, nobody knows who live in the next wall. Well, i know i don't. Never seen anyone in the hall ways or guests areas. Covid restrictions makes it worse. I just can't wait for the restrictions to be over so i can enjoy a hot meal with a pint at a cozy pub. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.