Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

@Tinker67  I agree with you 17 is way to young even for someone without a mental illness. You cant tell them though can you. What do you think you will study at uni?

@greenpea thanks for the support.  I think I'd feel a bit more confident if our boy had some skills in place, such as understanding his financial responsibilities.  Then I think aobut myself and what I was like when I had to relocate to the city at 17 1/2 to study - I was hopeless with money but soon learnt the hard way.  Maybe he will be the same.  My main concern is that he maintains his medication/keeps up his medical appointments as I support him with organising them at the moment.  

I am part way through a Master of Social Work.  I started it in 2018 - took 2019 off for my own surgery then ended up looking after my husband when he had a sudden brain hemmorhage that year.  He miraculously survived and recovered.  I moved to a different Uni in 2020 to continue study, then took leave when I started working full time last July.  So I think I'll either scale back or quit my job early next year to try knock over the degree in 2 years.  Studying one subject a semester will take me 8 years an I just don't have the time to wait to get it finished.  I want to start using the qualification asap.  

I hope you are feeling a bit better today @greenpea , it sounds like you didn't get much sleep, and you're really concerned about how today is going to go.  Thinking of you and your S2.  

we've had a similar journey @greenpea , our son's mental ill health revealed itself at 8yo, but there was a slow decline from 14yo onwards which fully showed itself during lockdown 1 in April 2020.  Getting a diagnosis and treatment during a pandemic has been so difficult.  It sounds like you're an amazing mum, holding things together while assertively seeking support and help for your S2. 

@Tinker67 @cloudcore @Appleblossom @Anastasia @Shaz51 @outlander  well after 2 hours sleep and shakey hands.  son2 did quite well.  He lost it a couple of times but all in all it went quite well. I am so tired. bed. Love to you all. peaxxxx

Wonderful news @greenpea thank you for sharing ❣️

How are you feeling @greenpea after today?

1) 1. not coping well

@Anastasia  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbUcO3J3UYE&list=RDGMEM_v2KDBP3d4f8uT-ilrs8fQ&index=39

I feel exhausted and worried about son2. Did you hear about the 80 year old mother who hurt her mentally disabled son and tried to hurt herself with him? Terrible but I can understand carers reaching this point without the proper help. Dont get me wrong I am not considering anything like that but carers are forgotten ......

Provided to YouTube by Warner Records Lying from You · Linkin Park Meteora ℗ 2003 Warner Records Inc. Unknown: Andy Wallace Lead Guitar: Brad Delson Producer: Brad Delson Unknown: Brian "Big Bass" Gardner Editing Engineer: Brian "Big Bass" Gardner Producer: Chester Bennington Lead Vocals: Chester

No I didn't @greenpea 

Help is the difference Pea. It's a tough gig. 

Keep reaching out, we are all in this together pea. Im sorry you're exhausted and worried but I am not surprised. I pray for the outcome needed after today. Always here for you GP x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.