Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Hi @Sophia1, 👋

i haven’t been on the forums much but am grateful that you have returned. Wishing you the best and will catch you around the forum again. 💜🤗. Here’s hoping for a fresh start, family is so hard to protect and seek help with on the forum. I totally get it. Best wishes. 

Hugs, @Teej... 🙂

everyone has a story really behind their avatar @Sophia1 i kinda recognise it but i dont know the name of it. i think you would like the books outlander. they go back in time its really good book series . maybe you could invest in them so you can read through your recovery? 

Hi again @Sophia1

Like @utopia I have no idea of who you were and this matters not at all - it seems you were lost for a time and now you are back and you have quite a response - and actually it warms my heart to read what people have written

Last night I could not focus my eyes - stress has been giving me a hard time and causing headaches - and eyestrain - so I couldn't read more - literally - but whatever contact we had before must have been good -

I read that someone wrote that your avatar name - Sophia - was appropriate - I think you know it means "wise" - it seems already to me that you are - great name regardless

I am looking forward to reading more and perhaps finding out what we did share - I tend to write long posts - and there are worse ways of spending a wet Saturday morning

All the best Sophia and I am glad you are here again

Dec

glad you are back.gif

Hi @Silenus - my friend from way back

I believe that finger wiggling and massage massages can work and maybe did - we have had a change in the weather in Melbourne - it's still mild and not windy but the air is fresh with the soft rain we are getting plently of right now - 

The air is so fresh it lifts my spirit - 

Melbourne has had a long hot summer and as great as summer can be it can also wear us down and now we have passed the autumnal equinox the days are shorter - I feel quite happy about this personally - perhaps it all has something to do with positive and negative ions in the rain - sometimes I get the same feeling in the shower - I love water

Driving - yes - it is stressful but I drove a lot - city driving is a long time for a short distance - this can wear us down and country driving is quick and longer - and when I did drive I drove all over Victoria and Tasmania so I am glad I have these memories - actually - my memories help me to live with myself - I can really enjoy my memories

I hope you are okay and that my wiggling fingers in the air can help you too - driving a lot - yes - I remember doing hook turns in the Melbourne CBD - moments when anxiety is on our side making us do the job better - it worked - in time I took these hook-turns in my stride

I really love your footnote - it is my opinion that while there is no doubt there are some mentally-ill people around it is not as common as one thinks - but many of us are on the edge of human experience. I think I have been on that edge a lot through my life and lately - yes - but mentally ill - ???

Actually I think the emotions of anxiety and some levels of depression are normal - not pleasant at all either but they are all parts of life and our reactions to what happens - my belief is that we can learn to tolerate a degree of these emotions but let me say I never under-estimate what people experience - there have been times in my life when anxiety and reactive depression were powerful and over-whelmed me - maybe this is what happens as we get older  we accept more and tolerate ourselves better

I need a footnote - I must think of a good one and find out how to add it in as a signature

Thanks for your thoughts Silenus - I hope my finger-wiggling-cyber-massage can help your stress too

Dec

@Owlunar

Such lovely words thank you..

I will be having some time away from the forums soon..

will come back when I can

the welcome back has been incredible and will always be remembered..

take care to eveyone:Heart

@outlander

many years ago I read one book which I think was about outlander...

does the story relate to a man who is in the present then go back into history?

If you like fiction with some history you might like the author Ken Follett....The pillars of the Earth was an incredible read...I loved it from page one...

I have organised some books from the library and already finished one...started another about a bbq by Liane Moriarty and just cannot get into it...so has been put aside...

am now reading a Jodi Piccoult novel ...sing me home...have read most of hers...

a while ago I bought the first book of Harry Potter intending to read through the whole series....I think I was reading other books at the same time which I have been known to do if I cannot get into something...harry potter is now in storage...so I will start again once my books return laugh..

who is your favourite author?

Hoping that you are finding some calm in your days @Teej Heart

Thanks for letting us know @Sophia1

There will be a crowd of people waiting for you when you get back

crowd of people sophia.jpg

All the best with whatever your adventure is

Dec

Trust the coming week goes smoothly for you  @Sophia1 , will be thinking of you and look forward to seeing you whrn you return. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.