Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Finally managed to get some pruning done today that has been on my to do list since we moved in late last year,

there were some hard to get to trees growing against a water thank and shed, they needed to go to allow access for some maintenance being carried out in the next week or 2. 

As I am writing this I just remembered I was supposed to do the shed gutters while the ladder was out. 2 second memory on my part lol. 

good afternoon @Determined , @Former-Member , @Sheila , @Smc , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom 

Think I am finally finding my green gardening thumbsSmiley Very Happy

this morning mr shaz and I repotted my succulents

planted some new plants

and gave some TLC to our plants in the big pots

and mr shaz got some cuttings through the week , so we planted them

Hi @Shaz51 ,

That sounds great! 

I worked hard chopping back my asparagus and weeded the rest of the veggie patch last weekend. This weekend is all about cooking for me. Loving using my home grown herbs in my sausage rolls.  

have you got many herbs @Sheila 

I make sausage rolls too

Its too wet here today @Shaz51 

Smiley Happy

@Sheila Sounds like a beautiful garden and recipe!

Smiley Happy

sunny here today @Appleblossom but could be raining tomorrow Smiley LOL

but one day at a time @Former-Member , @Sheila , @Determined , @Smc 

My gardening now limited to a little maintenance, giving away potted plants that I don't want to take with me and deciding what cuttings/divisions I can take with me when we move. 

What herbs to you have @Sheila ?

Not sure if I should take a bit of horseradish with me. Have not used what I have grown but have been enjoying using home grown rosemary and sage. 

@Shaz51 ,

I have basil, parsley, coriander, and chives at the momemt.🌱 Just used the parsley this time. Reviews were good, even though i overfilled the sausage rolls and they kind of burst! 😂 

Hi @Former-Member , its very satisfying isnt it? I haven't grown horseradish either. I try to grow the things I use a lot. Have parsley, basil, coriander, and chives at the moment.It must be hard deciding what to take with you. Hope you have a good day. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.