Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

@Sans911  Can I ask you if you changed around many placements?  Dont answer if it triggers you.

Heart

I'm not triggered @Appleblossom I just don't understand your question about placements. In relation to?

Evening @Snowie - how was your day?

@Zoe7 - I haven't seen you much but I understand why. I hope those painful sore spots in your mouth are settling.

@outlander - did you have an okish day today?

@eth-i really enjoyed our chat yesterday. I'm hoping you pop up and say Hi tonight.

@Faith-and-Hope - hoping you got all your uni stuff done and can now enjoy your holiday a little.

@Shaz51 - how are you going today?

@MDT - I read you were having a tough time lately. Thinking of you.

@Battlemouse71 - thinking of you tonight & wondering how you are.

And anyone else passing through... Feel free to drop in and say hello

Evening @Sans911 

How has your day been?

My day was hard. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Have taken my meds already so hoping they kick in soon.

Sorry to hear that @Snowie. I hope you have a restful sleep.

gday @Sans911 thanks for the shout out my friend 🙂
I appreciate that

I believe some of my difficulty and intensity around confusion with current facial recognition could be due to the number of my placements during my state wardship and later moves with family.  @Sans911 I just wondered if it was similar for you.

Heart

I didn't know those things about you @Appleblossom. I don't meet many people who've experienced a similar childhood to me. That's what I thought your question was about, but I've not mentioned it for a long time. I was in care initially before the age of two. My mother took me in and out of care many times before I was made a state ward at 7. Every time she lived in a different place. And every time was a new address. I didn't have many foster placements until my permanent one that lasted 3 years. After that it was back to the care home until I was 17.

@Sans911 

I did mention it years ago, and always remembered it about you, but you might have had your own crisis at the time, and did not remember.  I also thought you were younger and I was old.   Its kinda why I always looked out for you on your thread.

I was 6, went to 3 orphanages and had 2 foster families and lived with my grandparents. Also trying to understand my dad and 3 of my siblings also wards.  Also trying to work out what to do as my lawyer said they were interested in a case against state for returning me to my mother.  That really threw me in last couple of years, as I so wanted to be loyal to her.

Heart

@Appleblossom @Sans911 @Snowie  💜💚💖

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.