Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

The only part that meantions communication is the skills I listed so I think it's just that but in an overall sort of way but an example like you've said mightn't go astray....

OK, let's try this. So part of the Recovery Plan might be to explore through active listening what are the issues behind the gambling, lack of ability to stay in housing longer, lack of support system. Like social connection, reducing isolation, getting on with others, conflict resolution. So in exploring these issues, you need to actively listen, paraphrase at times so you are checking you have listened and understood. You would use non verbal communication as well to display empathy, understanding and trust.

Part of the Recovery Plan involves making short and long term goals. So you would be summarising with Max these goals, which would show you have listened and understood.

@outlander

Does this make any sense yet?

Yeah @Sans911
Ive answered the first question,I don't know how right it is... I've written. It more in first person as the question asked 'what techniques would you use?'
They've left goals to the second module and the second assignment is all on that so I'm not sure if goals in this question would be relevant

The other questions are
What steps would you take to provide and/or adapt your services to meet Max's needs?

This question is harder because there's basically nothing meantioned in any of the modules about adapting services

I don't know what other needs they are referring to besides accessing mental health services, and housing. 

The needs that have to be considered are personal supports and relationships, social activities, emotional supports, cultural and spiritual supports and sexuality and intimacy supports however I don't have any of this information 

Yes you do have that information. You just wrote it!.

@outlander

Ive asked Tafe for an extension on it and might ring them tomorrow.  I just really don't get it. Like I understand te content reading it but putting into context I don't really

So good to see you @Snowie 💕

So can you ring or email your teacher for help? @outlander

Yeah @Sans911
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.