Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

@Gazza75  It’s a beauty.😍😍👍👍👍 Looks like a big one. Lots of details in there.

Another one ready to go now?????

Hi @Gazza75 ! I love this! It’s gorgeous! Well done👍

As for me, I’ve just finished a beanie that I’m calling my ‘Frozen’ beanie as I started knitting it whilst watching the movie on TV just over a week ago. See below for the photo.EB6F114B-F965-42F4-ACFB-8FB7678BD95E.jpeg

Hi also @CheerBear @Maggie @Former-Member @saturnzoon and everyone else visiting here in the Craft forum! Nice to catch up with everyone! Keep crafting! 

Hi @Maggie , it was a decent size 50x60 🙂

Next one is this sunflower, it's 60x50 

sunflower.JPG

@Judi9877Love the Frozen Beanie!! 🙂

@saturnzoonYour hexagon blanket looks awesome 🙂 

@CheerBear, hope you are doing okay Heart

@Gazza75 they look so amazing when finished 

@Judi9877 the beanie is lovely, I've been a bit scared to try and make one of those as it looks complicated but you's is great.

@CheerBear @Maggie @Former-Member @greenpea @BlueBay @outlander @cutiepiekitty @Owlunar 

@Gazza75  That’s going to look gorgeous when it’s finished. Beautiful colours. 😍😍

@Judi9877  That’s lovely. 😍😍

We might have been watching Frozen at the same time as I watched it last week also.

I read somewhere you have, or are about to be moving. I have just moved, so you have my sympathy there. I hope it goes well, and your new home soon becomes ‘ Home’.

Hi @saturnzoon @CheerBear @Maggie @Gazza75 @Former-Member @Owlunar @cutiepiekitty @outlander and all those here. Thanks for the lovely comments on my beanie- much appreciated! 

@saturnzoon The beanie pattern is easy to do. Just google ‘ free simple beanie knitted pattern’ and there should be a heap that come up. It’s really just a matter of knit and purl stitches so quite easy. I find that doing the rib (bottom) is great if you want to just chill out and be with your thoughts as it’s just knit 2, purl 2 for rows 1,3,5,7 and 9. For rows 2,4,6,8, and 10, it’s purl 2, knit 2. There’s 106 stitches on the 4.5mm knitting needle so it’s quite relaxing but not much fun if you lose track of the pattern due to people trying to talk to you😂! Let me know if you want the pattern for this. 

@Maggie  Yes, I possibly was watching Frozen at the same time as you because it was on Channel 7 down here in Melbourne. It was the first time I’d seen it and I really liked Anna in it. You are right with the moving as well. I have found a place but now it’s just a matter of dealing with moving my stuff out of my sisters place to our new place- hopefully next week as my housemate is trying to find a way to do it on the cheap. We are moving some things like the microwave by car but the big things will be moved by a moving company. Thanks for being concerned about me as it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one going through this. I hope you enjoy your new hone too!

Okay! Time to get back to doing some cross stitching as I’m trying to deal with some issues. Have a great time crafting😊

its been lovely to look through all the recent crafty stuff. at the moment ive just recently finished my blanket and now im making some items to sell. hopefully they will be quite popular

Hi @outlander @CheerBear @Maggie @saturnzoon @Gazza75 @Shaz51 and all crafty critters! I hope you’ve been having fun doing all things art and craft, whatever they may be. I’ve gone away from knitting beanies at the moment- bored of them to be honest! - and I’ve started knitting squares for a blanket for charity as of a few nights ago. My first square below- yellow- seemed to take forever to knit despite it being only 40 stitches wide on 4mm knitting needles and having to be 20cm long on 8ply yarn. Anyway, it finally got finished this morning and I’m onto number 2 out of 30, this time a multicoloured yarn square. I’m going to make a baby blanket for the charity and plan to take my time with it, using up different colours of yarn in my stash and then eventually putting a border around it, possibly black. I’ll keep posting as I get it done. 

Have a great night everyone and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations☺️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.