Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

Re: Good Morning!

@TAB I wouldn’t call sweating in a fibro shack in Kal easy or that invasive throat goitre thing. The German family settlement. Your heart! None of it easy G

..i did think of work straight away re chemicals, dirt , filth, heat , unreasonable tasks, bosses @Glisten  lol ok plus other health issues etc  bla bla 

Good morning and good afternoon @PeppyPatti @TAB @Glisten @Meowmy @ENKELI @SmilingGecko @tyme @Historylover @StuF @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @Tilz @Ru-bee and all forumites here. I hope your Friday has been good for you. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my current situation- very much appreciated😻!

@PeppyPatti I’m glad I could help regarding the study options. I’m sure you’ll be successful at whatever you choose to study!

Today was another vet visit for Mitz with more blood tests being done. She’s not out of the woods yet but she is slowly improving- by that, I mean giving us tortitude and being her sassy little self within reason. She’s eating more food and is becoming more aware when we have to give her twice daily insulin injections as well as antibiotics by mouth which she doesn’t enjoy very much. My housemate and I have learnt to cuddle her in a towel to stop her fighting with her claws for the antibiotics injection into her mouth to limit the scratched to both of us. My housemate and I are now having to set our alarms for Mitz treatments each day so that has meant no more sleeping in for either of us anymore. She also doesn’t like not having an endless supply of food anymore and talks every time we go into the kitchen as she wants food but can’t have it. The vet nurses have told us that we have to allow for some self care of ourselves as they know that taking care of a sick animal can be very stressful on pet owners so that is something we are both looking into over this weekend as she doesn’t have to go back to the vet until Monday afternoon. For me, I’m hoping to do some reading of some ebooks and some colouring in for my housemate to help us relax.  Tonight, I’m planning on watching the AFL match on tv whilst knitting a crazy blanket for charity with me watching the Brisbane Lions match tomorrow night on tv as I’m a Lions supporter.

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🌻😻

sounds tough @Judi9877  good luck with it all

@Judi9877 you are a very brave girl. Well done

Hello @Judi9877 I had to do palliative care with a sick animal. It wasn't easy. Your vet is right you have to take care of yourselves ❤️ But its wonderful what you can do nursing for a pet in your care. I'm just cooking an AI generated fennel and tomato soup tonight from the internet. I'm not a fan of AI really. It uses old data sets and never comes up with anything original. I don't use AI for anything except for recipes. I never hopped on board. I wonder if its a self esteem thing with people but the art it produces all looks the same. I think it feeds the ego more than anything as far as the general public is concerned and hijacks the mind

Thankyou for the response @Judi9877 

The television is on --- I'm shutting my eyes 👀 they are heavy after a big day. 

https://youtu.be/h0Hd3uWKFKY?si=mxLWseLNoibOGVhX

@SmilingGecko @Meowmy @TAB @Glisten @StuF @Judi9877 @Tilz @Adge @Appleblossom 

lol @Meowmy, please tell my mother that!! No, she appreciates me, she just doesn't tell me. I love her very much but she can be hard work sometimes. And I feel guilty saying that.

Hope you're doing well and that you have a weekend worthy of your loveliness😍 

@ENKELI hey Enkeli,  thank you for wonderful  message. Pray we both have a good weekend

Your such a fibber @TAB 

I was looking at tafe courses tonight. 

My ancestry is coming through. I have a photograph of my Great Grandmother. 

Who would have guessed on my grandfather's in my mum's side he was born in Ohio in America..    well.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.