Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Who's who in the zoo: Meet the moderators

Hi Moderators, I'm just me and had a love hate relationship with some moderators from time to time, taking things personally. But you have a job and I do hope learn much about what its like to be on 'the other side' (consumer/client - we don't just consume!). So, even when my mood is low and I react badly, I don't intend to upset you or make it harder for myself and others. I have settles down, more in recovery thank God. And thank you and my peers here for I am very isolated. xox

Hi

Hi nik nik how are you today

Hello Everyone!

I have posted on another 'Meet the Moderators' thread but I will join in here too 🙂

I work for SANE and studying in the mental health industry, I have a love of camping trips and the beach as well as collecting cacti haha.

Look forward to getting to know everyone more on the forums,

Lunar

I used to love collecting cactus....

Its so nice to meet you @Lunar

from PP meditation .jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member, have you read this thread re moderators introducing themselves. Hope you have a good day today 🙂

ahhh... here is the meet the mod thread that i was thinking of

@Silberstein96

Just found it too @Former-Member - 'great minds' or 'fools never differ' - you be the judge lol

Hi All,

Thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself a bit...

I'm one of the Turning Point moderators who works on weekend and night shifts so get to moderate the forums then. I am a social worker and counsellor by training and have worked in mental health and alcohol&drug sectors for a long time. Have been moderating Sane for a year or so.

I have many interests including most of the arts (have performed in choir and community theatre), bush walking and the natural world, meditation and yoga. I am a wildlife carer for the little penguins around Melbourne and I have two dogs: a kelpie and a moodle. My kelpie Harley has an anxiety disorder as he was born on a puppy farm and mistreated. He is so gorgeous and loving, and has taught me so much about anxiety and learning to trust.

I have a 10 year novel project - a bit of a bucket list project. I am 6 years in and have 4 chapters written! I had better get on with it....

Hi @Former-Member  I'm quite concerned about someone we both spoke to through the night.  Did you read the rest of their thread?  It's hard not to worry about them.  Have you had any contact since your last post there?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.