Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Denv12
Senior Contributor

Static Noises On Radio.

Hi everyone.

In the last few weeks since new neighbours moved next door to me,there issome static noise coming through my radio at times during the day.Its only been like that since they moved in.And I have lived here for years without the problem.I'm at a loss to know what is causing that static noise.I have moved the radio around but its still the same. Can anyone suggezt a possible cause? Thank you.

Regards Denv12.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Static Noises On Radio.

Hi @Denv12 

There could be a few reasons why this is happening.

1. Your neighbours have a transmitter.

When I was a kid, my brother build a TV transmitter and radio transmitter. He would transmit the image on the TV transmitter and the sound on the radio transmitter to a friend up the valley. I was always the one being transmitted.

My parents told him to stop it because our next door neighbours came over and they said they could hear me through their speakers. Plus it is very illegal to do this without a licence from the government.

2. Your have Tinnitus.

My most embarresingTinnitus moment was at my old Arts and Craft group. The radio stopped working, and then the women started playing with the aerial and I said I can hear it now. She said rubish, it's not plugged in. But tinnitus is quiet normal, and has a wide range of symptoms from ringing in the ears, to hearing music and hearing people speaking. I just started drinking tea again, I got a pack of 100 tea bags from coles for $2. The box was damaged. I've been drink 10 cups a day now for a week, and my tinitus has come back in full swing. I'm half way throught he pack, so when it runs out, I'll go back to drinking hot water only.

3. Bad speakers. Maybe a loose wire or fraid wire.

That is what I'm thinking, maybe others have other ideas on the problem.

Hi @NNY 

Thank you for your great reply.The transmitter thing sounds right.If they have one its likely that its where my lounge wall joins theirs.Its that close.I think I heard an appliance being used at those times too.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards Denv12.

if it comes and goes it could be a drill, kitdhen mixers etc.

Hi plasmo.

That sounds right.Before they moved in there were people working in there drilling,etc.They might be using appliancs in the kitchen as well as other electrical equipment.

Thank you for your help.

Regards Denv12.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.