Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

have put on heaps in first week @SmilingGecko despite eating less than told to. am about ready to cancel it , the initial loss was some time prior to starting .difference in scales

@SmilingGecko  I drink coconut water regularly. Everyday. I don’t need a full moon for night/morning mares, I got trauma instead 👍🏼

Thats no good @TAB I'm sorry it did not work for you. I am a bit skeptical of these programmes but it did look promising with AI and CBT. I'm still at a plateau, nothing is shifting.

@Glisten I usually sleep but don't have nightmares thankfully. I have come across people who have nightmares almost every night due to trauma. I can't imagine what that must feel like. I've had trauma in my life but don't have nightmares

TAB
Senior Contributor

i wrote down everything i ate, i should have Lost weight, there was a Deficit.  so if that continues, may as well just fine tune a few bad habits and realise it may take 5 years or be impossible or whatever, just not paying if its not working @SmilingGecko 

I agree. These programmes can be costly. Maybe just keep a food diary or something? I used to have issues with comfort eating @TAB but these days kind of have no choice. Some days I catch myself slipping tbh but hop back quickly on my horse. It can be a challenge. In years gone by I just didn't keep food in the house that I was likely to snack on. I would only buy stuff I could cook etc. Its a good strategy and kind of worked for me.

The issue for me was having too many carbs ie. bread, rice and quinoa but now I'm mindful of carbs. I eat low carb bread, have low carb almond milk and no carb konjac rice/noodles. I had to learn to read the back of labels. I don't know whats going on with your body or metabolism but that is what I was told to do in my case. It seemed to work. Most bread is about 30g carb but I eat 5g carb, you can get it around to 1g carb but those options have gluten in them and I am gluten intolerant. Same with milk, I drink almond milk as its lower in carbs than rice milk. Some almond milk has rice snuck in which raises the amount of carbs. Dont know about dairy, you may drink cows milk. But maybe try and get carbs down @TAB. I couldn't afford to go to a weight loss clinic but its basically about carb management I've learned even if you don't have diabetes like I do.

TAB
Senior Contributor

.. its not totally useless @SmilingGecko  had made me more conscious of what and how I eat. have got a bit out of it. Not actual results tho. was 2 week trial, theres nothing much to it really. just keep doing a bit lower version of what was doing .

@TAB hey tabby, smashed an icy zero. Feel better. Think will go to check out shopping mall for bargains on ear rings  Lost mine yesterday on the trip ha

TAB
Senior Contributor

.. I found  the Best tasting skim milk ever because of this ..  anyway have coles and woolies apps so can read labels at home as well, also reminded me of mindful eating ie sit down. dont be reading etc. took me 20 mins to eat chicken and lettuce sandwich other day seemed .. @SmilingGecko  will get there

Yes @TAB I think I was on a good deal with my diabetic educator and dietician. I had to really listen to what they were saying and I got results. But I do think my diabetic medication had something to do with it.  Like you were saying just keep at it and be aware of your diet

@Meowmy it must be so packed in the mall pre-xmas. I hope you get some nice earrings! I haven't seen any nice earrings for a while. My Avon earrings lasted for years. I don't think Avon is still going. Got to eventually get some new earrings again

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah , i had one before , think i prefer the small 200ml cans, getting picky @Meowmy  good luck w ear ring

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.