Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: A stranger to myself. I don't understand.

@JP81 I'm two hours behind in WA so it is close to midnight for some people. Yeah, I'm definitely in permanent time out mode. I need so much rest and relaxation. I'm truly doing it this time. 

About vulnerability. Hmmmm it's a difficult subject for me. I think there has to be safety in vulnerability. Especially for trauma survivors. It's instinctual and habitual to sniff out if it's safe to be vulnerable. 

I'm.reslly not sure, it's a big topic. Compassion towards yourself happens with time. It is hard in the beginning. Super hard. I guess I have sn inquisitive mind. A curious mind. I think that us good with some balance. I read an article recently about being curious again like a child is curious. I liked the article. It came from a really positive angle. There are some things in life I am definitely not curious about. 

I'm glad you feel safe here. I'm an extremely compassionate, generous, loving, kind and caring soul. I always have been. I'm changing a bit though. I need to give more if that to me. I've given so much to others and Ii have to try learn now to give it to me. Balance again. I simply can't save the world. 

Yes, it was very much a team effort. That us the way I see it. I do appreciate however that you took the time to write and tell me how you felt about our interaction. I did smile once thus evening and laughed about something. It's something.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.