Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am having a tough time.

@Zoe7  I have no access to previous psychologists and finding another new one is going to add another 3 months to the wait time. i am trying super hard but my OCD has been really bad and i had a huge panic attack last night that lasted for about 4 hours and i am honestly so so tired and just really not sure what to do anymore i can feel things getting on top of me but i cant seem to stop it and i just keep thinking "no this cant happen now i have too much at stake" and yet things just keep getting more and more difficult i dont even know anymore i dont have many options i just wish i wasnt to tired. 

Being so tired certainly has an impact on our daily functioning @Eden1919 I have been there a lot and it affects everything we do. It isn't easy when our minds are racing and things seem to be falling apart again to get sleep either. The wait for a psychologist is so difficult too - especially when you need to see someone now. I have no answers for you here Hon but am listening and hearing how hard it is for you Heart

@Zoe7  Thanks I am still trying to just focus on getting the thing i need to in regards to uni done but i am struggling a lot with other things. idk what to do at this point it is just so frustrating and tbh it is completely unacceptable that anyone should have to wait this long for services based only on their location like not just me but not to be dramatic but this really is how people end up gone from this world because they wait and wait and wait and try their hardest and then they still dont get any support and it is not ok. 

You are 100% right @Eden1919 - it is not acceptable that you or anyone has to wait so long to get support. I totally agree that this is often why we lose people in this world - the support can often be too little or non-existent and it is a huge failure in our supposedly caring society. There is a lot that the government needs to answer for in this regard - they make a range of promises but action is either not forthcoming or just plain too little where it is needed most. I hope you can get some support soon Hon but we are here listening in the meantime Heart

@Zoe7  yes well in regards to the government it has been promising this area that it would fund more mental health care for over 10 years and has done nothing but there have been 4-5 people who have passed in the emergency rooms waiting for care (not just MH) scince i moved here 7 months ago due to lack of services and people to do the jobs. the staff that do work at the hospitals and health care centers are super run down and being forced to work more hours than is legally allowed so it isnt their fault but it is just a bad situation on all fronts. 

I agree whole heartedly with you @Eden1919 Those working in the health industry are doing all that they can there are just not enough to go around. Sadly I don't think that will change in the near future - too much talk and not enough action hey!

@Zoe7 I agree even though mental health is costing us more than ever the government doesnt seem to care especially about areas with smaller populations. i mean it is silly they are always talking about trying to recover money from debt they have accrued but then they just refuse to fix problems that long term are going to cost a lot more than then just fixing the problem to begin with. 

Agree with everythong you wrote @Eden1919 Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.