Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Living? in trauma environment

Hi @Ot2 

So good to hear from you again. Hope you are managing to get some enjoyable moments for yourself into your long wknd? 

Sorry to hear that things have not improved much. It can be really tough when we feel that we aren't heard. Please know that you are seen here. Your work in endurance, in your hope with your relationships is not in vain. Your self-protection is important. You do deserve peace and care. 

I hope you are able to come back to your centre and have some time for your self as you navigate into your next steps, whatever they may be. Wishing you peace, and extending you much care and respect x 

I'm so sorry @Ot2 

It is absolutely heartbreaking that you are still experiencing such emotional distress daily. Family should be people you can rely on, and it's awful that you've not been able to. Regarding the situation with your mother's messages, would you say they constitute abuse? It's saddening that the police, the people we are expected to rely on for help and protection in this broken system, ignored your plight.

It's regrettable that your psychologists have been less than helpful. While sometimes its helpful to erect boundaries or leave some people out of your life, that's understandably not an option for you. Do you think your mother may be okay with mediation through a psychological professional? I know it's not for everyone, but it certainly helped me when I was in a situation like yours with a close relative.

I want you to know that you're not alone, and even though I'm not in your shoes, I certainly understand the feeling of hopelessness and being trapped. I know it feels like you're just surviving, but you are worthy of thriving. 💛

With kindness and love
Xibon

@Ot2 I also want to mention that a few days after a police visit two years ago, there was a news article about police culture changing because they know their response to DV hasn't been good enough. So our recovery timeline is entangled in the timeline of a police culture that knows it needs to improve.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.