Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Morning has broken

Morning @Eve7 💖

Really pleased to hear that you were able to see your pdoc yesterday and will again next week. I hope you found it helpful, even though you feel that nothing truly helps right now.

The thing is,  your pdoc is an expert on grief along with everything else on your MH list 😔. And they are someone not grieving themselves,  who you can talk to and who will understand.  They have the knowledge and experience to help you get through this incredibly difficult time. 

So I do hope you keep that very important appointment next week. 

Stay strong @Eve7 🌷🌻

Please tag me anytime,  I am never far away. ♥

Good morning @Eve7 

Just leaving some squishy hugs and love here for you hon.

Thinking of you 💗💗

Thanks @Emelia8 @Snowie . I have been out with a work colleague for lunch and champers but we talked about everything but what has happened which was much better. The world still passes by no matter what is going on. My friend forgot to pay for parking so I hope it doesn't turn out to be a very expensive lunch. There wasn't a ticket on the windscreen so fingers crossed.

My daughter in law is still in bed as are the teenagers so no funeral plans yet. I think they're really suffering and I don't know what to do for them.

I'm glad you were able to get out @Eve7 with a friend. Sometimes we just need that time away from everything that is happening.

Sometimes it doesn't matter what we do for others, they just have to grieve in their own way and in their own time. 

It must be hard for all involved, including you.

💗💗

That sounds like a temporary but much needed respite from all things "sadness and grief" @Eve7 .  Full marks for your work colleague 😊👍

Oh gosh, I dont know what to suggest regarding your DIL. 💔 Obviously funeral plans need to be made,  but there is still time. I expect a funeral director has been appointed. They will ensure things are moved along in a timely manner. 

So so hard for you @Eve7 , I cannot even imagine what you would be going through. 💕

Thanks @Emelia8 . No, she hasn't even chosen a funeral director. This is proving to be very hard.

Oh @Eve7 that isnt good. 

Like I said before,  there is still time. But time is running out. 

A funeral director needs to be appointed. If for no other reason than to care for S2s body. 

As next of kin, decisions rest with your DIL. But I feel sure she would welcome your input. 

So when the time is right, you may need to intervene. At least to just get the ball rolling. 

I know this is far easier said than done. I am so sorry. ♥♥

I've looked on some websites today and passed on the information @Emelia8 which is all I can do. She's only just now got out of bed today but she is looking a bit better after being sick with a cold the past week.

The social worker at the hospital said the hospital would keep him for up to 4 weeks before contacting her but I want my boy to be out of where he is.

How are you and Hannah?

That's good @Eve7 , you've done well. 💞

I'm okay thanks, and Hannah 🐶 is too.

Concerned for my Dad though who has not been well.

Off to bed now.  I hope you are sleeping.  Good night 💤

@Eve7 wrote:

My daughter in law is still in bed as are the teenagers so no funeral plans yet. I think they're really suffering and I don't know what to do for them.

Sorry to hear this @Eve7 😢

Sending wishes for you and them... 💛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.