Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Hi @creative_writer 🙂
How did you go with completing some of the module quizzes and assignments due on that last Sunday?

I hear you on the living on the edge and procrastinating, it is not easy.. I've started to set myself 30 minute to 1 hour timers to write assignment up in blocks. When it goes off - I have to get up and move around, or if I am on a roll, I can snooze and soldier on! Do you have anything like that in practice?

So took Mum to the doctors this morning to get the results of her PET scan and assessments.

She has Alzheimer's Disease. Brain scan confirmed this.

Of course this didn't go down well and I didn't expect it too. For someone to hear they have this is devastating. Doctor said to start getting all her affairs in order as they don't know how quickly things will progress, but they will get worse over time.

Then took her to another appt. she had.

Finally home now. Trying to process everything. I really wish hubby was home. Even though I just want to be alone I could do with him.

Trying to be strong for her but not really doing a good job of it. I know I probably need to process it too.

I’m sorry @Snowie 

Urgh that’s rough @Snowie  😞 im so sorry. 

when is hubby due home?

Thanks @Bow @Captain24 

The more I read about it the more I think I should stop reading about it 🤷‍♀️

@Bow not home till about 6

I am so sorry @Snowie that is really devastating for your mum, you and the rest of the family.

Sitting with you and putting the kettle on for a cuppa. 💜🩵💜

Oh my gosh @Snowie that is so intense, I'm really sorry. Such a heavy thing for you and your family to have to face. 

I just want to say that I'm here for you hun, and if there's anything you need from the team just let us know 💜

Thanks @Jynx @Eve7 

Been reading up on it all afternoon. Slowly looking into what supports we can get for her.

The doctor thinks where at the stage where I need to think about becoming a caregiver.

He also spoke about her stopping driving too. That didn't go down well.

Just having a cuppa now. Prn helping.

@Snowie yeah wow, it's all big decisions and big adjustments needed hey. And taking on a caring role is a tough one to chew on too. 

I hope that you're able to take the time you need to process and work through these decisions, as well as all the emotional turmoil too. 

Cuppa n prn sounds poif, hope it helps soothe and settle. Do you have much else on over the next few days?

She has no one else that would take on that role @Jynx My brother would never do it plus I haven't spoken to him for the last 3 years.

I've got my psych tomorrow and my pdoc Wednesday. A few big days ahead but I think it is probably good timing for both of them. I know my psych will ask about it as she knew we were getting result today.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.