Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Adge  Hi Adge how are you doing? How is your brother?xxx

Good morning @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Adge @Angels333 @greenpea  and anyone else passing by here this morning. @Appleblossom @CheerBear @outlander @cutiepiekitty @saturnzoon @Queenie @Gazza75 @TAB @MDT @eudemonism @Faith-and-Hope @Molliex  Having some much needed rain here overnight and now.  A gentle, soaking rain.  Our vege garden is lapping it up.  Hope today is an improvement on yesterday for all of us.  Warm wishes to anyone struggling at the moment.

Today I have water tai chi - I really missed it the last 2 weeks.  Did it a couple of times (on land!) when with the kids - i thought it would be special to share it with my granddaughter but she didn't want to do it with me which was a disappointment.  We did have some lovely times tho - making pancakes and a cake which we iced together, school drop offs and pick ups where I got to see what she's up to, watching chicks hatch in her latest school project, going to a rainbow families play group (S, husband and both kids), having a big outing to Maccas for lunch one day, and of course just observing how amazing the kids are, how much they've developed since I was there 10 months ago.  Miss 5 is really into art and writing and takes herself to her desk (which I gave  her) at any given moment, producing some amazing pictures that always tell a story.  Little 11 month bub is so close to walking and talking I was sure it would happen while I was there but it didn't.  they are standing unaided and copying so many sounds.  One day when their nappy was particularly ripe I said 'oh shit' and needless to say that became a favourite sound to them, repeated frequently and always got a laugh which I guess reinforces them wanting to say it.  I love them all so much, but there's no way i could live so far inland in such a cold place.  My last morning there it was -2 and then back it home it only went down to 14.  

Hope today is starting gently for all, take care xx

Haha @eth
"oh shit" and the kids loved it. That made me laugh haha.

I do hope you have a nice day eth. It's raining here too today. Nice to wash away the dust.

Kids are hilarious. I have been watching old people's home for four year olds on ABC Tuesday nights. It's really good TV. Final episode tonight.

Enjoy your day and talk to you soon my friend 🙂

Yes we all had a great laugh every time @MDT 

Thinking of you today @Adge  and hoping your bro has made some progress overnight.  Hang in there friend xx

@Adge
Some others here mentioned your brother. I do hope it is OK whatever it is that's going on mate

He had a severe burn accident @MDT  ..... 

Thinking of you too @Adge a d wishing your brother well  .... 💐

Quick hi everybody 👋💕

You sound like such an amazing grandmother @eth! Grandmas are the best, just the most special people there are. My mum became a whole different person when she became a Nana. I've never seen her happier. 

Hope you're doing well today 🌸🌺🌻

Hi @MDT Thanks for your well-wishes.

My brother is blind & intellectually disabled.

He caught himself on fire whilst cooking on Friday night.

He is in intensive care  (burns unit) of a major hospital.

So far still unconscious - with feeder tube & airway tube.

He has had several skin graft operations in the past few days.

My brothers don't like him & they won't talk about it.

Poor fellow doesn't have good body coordination so he couldn't put fire out.

Adge

Hi @Faith-and-Hope  hope things are beginning to settle for you.

thanks a lot @Molliex 

hope today is gentle on both of you too.

Gee wiz @Adge
Thats terrible. I do hope he gets treated well and they help him out at hospital.
This would be causing a lot of stress for you no doubt.
Thinking of you and your brother buddy. Family is so important.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.