Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Omg @Glisten  I used to like Coogee. last time went there ok poss 12 mths ago was a bit ordinary .. so o many buses and people, also wind was out of control and tide in erk . lol well It was a Mission set for me by @StuF  who was worried about me stuck inside caravan avoiidong the World lol.

Hello @ShiningStar 😊👋

Good Morning @Shaz51 @Glisten @MDT @ENKELI @greenpea @SmilingGecko @Emelia8 @tonys @saturnzoon @Oaktree  @Meowmy @StuF @Bill16  was up at 0430 am , went back to bed and was out to it for 4 more hours lol. must have needed it.  Going to try and find a haircut. Bad timing re weekend..  

Interesting thought @ENKELI

Suffering is caused by society and being amongst it.

I don't disagree. I think many of our troubles start externally but have an internal component when we interpret them in a particular way.

I am left wondering about personal suffering. Like that of Raskalnikov in Crime and Punishment. Though admittedly, he chose his course functions due to the society he found himself in too.

Strange old thing.

Do hope you are well !

Been a bit absent of late. Currently having my coffee watching the world go by in the neighbourhood I used to live in for a small time. Been to gym.
Have uni tonight so hopefully it isn't too dull. Haha.

See ya round

Morning all
Have a good day

G'day @TAB @MDT @Shaz51 @Glisten @ENKELI @Oaktree @saturnzoon @tonys @greenpea @SmilingGecko @Emelia8  and all

Wishing you excellent days and looking forward to long weekends (if that applies to you)

@MDT @TAB @Shaz51 @Glisten @ENKELI @tonys @SmilingGecko 

Good morning guys,

Early here. Going to go to shops a bit later and pick up some hot cross buns for hubby. Put lotto on etc. Hubby is cooking me a special lunch. Spicy chicken nuggets with lime sauce. It’s one of my favourites. Going to have it with a bread roll and an ocean of sauce. Yum!

Good to hear from you @StuF

Thanks @Oaktree
You too !

Hey all
Curious what you all make of this situation
In my workplace there are two teams. Gonna try to keep it as general/anonymous as possible. My team (lets call it team A) and the other team (Team B).
Many people apply to the company to work for Team A and yet end up in Team B. That's more of an indictment on the company hiring practices but whatever...
There is a bit of tension between the two groups and I've noticed it lately.
Last weekend I offered to get them coffee when we were on a Saturday shift. It seemed like they were a tad shocked but I have noticed it was becoming a very one way situation in which group B would do most of the snacks buying, coffee buying etc. I even remember one or two members of groupB quipping that we never do anything.
Here's what I noticed: when I offered to do it last weekend it was like the biggest thing. Even after that they say hi a bit more.

It strikes me that the perception group B has of Group A is not the greatest.i don't want to act of fear or out of this state of trying to patch a workplace group relationship (coz that's not my job). But I am interested in creating a collegiate workplace and one that's less egotistical. I think a way to do that is to respond in a positive way to something that's come about as a result of ignorance (a group workplace divide).
Curious what others think and to find out if similar experiences exist.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.