Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@TAB I’m still sleeping with the a/c on at night. Still shorts and t-shirt weather here.

G

Hello everyone 

im trying to catch up on your images and thoughts in the space! I have been in hospital, out of hospital but struggling with this body that won’t do as I want it too, not to mention the mind that won’t accept the apparent inevitability of life, and back in hospital on so much sedation each time life just passes by and there’s no motivation to speak because someone has taken away your will to be! 
but on the road to escape and recovery I hope!

I see a million questions coming and difficulties getting out of here but I’m keeping one image in my mind! Home! It’s going to happen and soon! 
I hope you’re all living in the positive space and keeping your thoughts giving you positive strokes whenever possible because I don’t see or experience many people “offering these” in here! 
it will be nice to have survived one more time and put the fear behind me again! Cross your fingers for me that I am out tomorrow or next day to feel the sun again and sleep in my own bed! 
stay well all! It’s something to be grateful for!

@PeppyPatti @Former-Member 

Re: Living with Loneliness 

@tyme 

@Lila3 

@Jynx 

@Glisten 

@Oaktree

@EternalFlower 

you're lucky @Glisten  just about went straight from a/c on at least half the day to lighting fire here.  tried r/c s on heat other night, one really not working right esp for being 5 years old, had aircons 20 years old work better, other new one way better, but still does not compare to fire. need to get actual house warm. even if fire goes out not long after bed, house holds heat for hours and the reverse, all hot spots from summer are the cold spots now 

Awww! @Doldip15 . SO great to hear from you! It's been a long time!

I'm sorry to hear your body doesn't feel like doing what it needs to, yet at the same time, I'm glad to hear from you 🙂

Take it slowly, one step at a time.

Hey @Emelia8 

Nice to see you. 

flower-macro-photography-ena-12.jpg

Pp

Hi @Former-Member Thanks.

Yes, you have very good suggestions & resources listed.

Yes, I'm in Western Australia.

I was totally floored by their responses - Which had the effect of intimidating me (badly), regardless of whether that was their intention (or not).

That's why it's taken me several days, just to come out of the shock.

I was so careful to not attribute any blame (at all).

I simply stated that I was not able to work with this person (Support Worker) - Due to a breakdown in communication, when we worked together up until 19 months ago.

This person did not seem to ever listen to (or hear) a single word that I said (19 months ago) - I was not willing to subject myself to the same behaviour/ manner this time.

Instead, the [edited by moderator] Supervisor's response (email) was complete Denial - He was more determined to defend the particular Support Worker, than in finding me a way forward to work with them (or a new Support Worker).

Yes, I will think about the suggestions you gave.

A 9 hour Power Outage (Blackout) tomorrow - I received a very impersonal sms message from [edited by moderator]

It did not even address me by name, or acknowledge me to be the Electricity Account Holder -

It simply said that the Power will be Disconnected at this premises from 7.30am until 4.30pm, due to essential maintenance.

So I will not be able to use my Desktop Computer tomorrow, or virtually any Electrical Device in the House - For 9 hours.

🙂Adge

I'm so sorry to hear this! @Adge That's incredibly difficult!

I think people don't realise the impact of having no electricity or no water until it hits them. 

I'm hearing you @Adge 

Sitting with you. Sorry I don't have any answers.

@TAB  oh dear the house is not built for the weather conditions, but at least you have a roof over your head.

I mainly mean very low roofed like lean-to with toilet and laundry re weather @Glisten  ha ha house in boulder had no insulation in walls let alone ceiling lol and a/c not to back 3 ok small rooms. I got insulation in ceiling here and walls double brick. just got to do a bit more to keep sun off walls next summer. in boulder walls 70mm thick timberframe, asbestos on outside, gyprock on inside, nothing inbetween lolo..

@doldip, I'm sad to hear you're in hospital. I hope you can take time to get the assistance needed. Naturally, you want to be at home, in the comfort of familiar surrounds. Hopefully discharge is on the horizon.

I was up at the hospital today visiting my grandfather. He's 95 years old. It makes you reflect on your own mortality. Grandfather's been so independent up until recently. I'm hoping he can build back up to return to that lifestyle ( maybe with some extra assistance this time around).

Do keep us posted on your progress.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.