Skip to main content

Re: Through One's Eyes

Yep @Zoe7 .... stalled as you said .... and I am trying to discipline myself to finish the piece from down south first.  Painting up the background of the competition piece was me baiting myself .... lol .... but it's more the busy weekend with its additional dramas that got in the way.

The new studio space is not properly set up yet, but it will do.  Just need to get myself motivated to start.

You are helping me .... showing me beautiful things like this .... πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

That is really nice to hear @Faith-and-Hope Heart You help me everyday by just being around and if I can repay just a little of what you have done for me (even without knowing it) then I am happy to do so. You have inspired and encouraged me for months now and I really feel like I have found my passion again - do not underestimate how much you have motivated me in this respect.Heart

πŸ€—πŸ’œπŸ’• That is so wonderful to hear @Zoe7 .... you have made my day .... lol ...

Dozing off here, so I had better say goodnight ... 😘

HeartHeartHeart ...and you mine @Faith-and-Hope

Sleep well Hon - love that you are in my life Smiley Happy

IMG_4363.JPG

Otter Study II

Mark Adlington

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170520_000345.png

@Faith-and-Hope, Zoe7 calling all seasoned Artists. Need sime advice. Hope I'm putting this in the right thread - just looking for advice about this painting I bought it at an op ship for $20 and just love it. Its about 80x80cm sq.hanging over my piano looking Like an everlasting gorgeous bunch of flowers. My art question is about the white spots on the background.

IMG_20170520_000424.png

Are these white spots intended to be there? they dont look right to me. Can I  touch it up to get rid of them? how do i do that? or do you think they're better off left alonw? Or meant to be there ? Also, is this an acrylic or oil painting? How can ya tell? Love to know what ya think. Thanks

Lapses 🍁

Good morning @Former-Member ..... 😊

It's a bit hard to tell from the photo whether this is acrylic or oil paint.

If the white spots are only in the background and not across the flowers or vase at all, then Iwould imagine they are an effect that the artist intended.  If you don't like them, you can touch them up, but be careful.  You are probably better to discolour them slightly, so they are off-white, rather than try to match any other colour from the background.  You would need to be very skilled to do that.

Acrylic is used with water, but it is also very quick-drying.  It would mean you could buy a tube of off-white acrylic from an art supply shop (somewhere with a big range of colours) and be able to water it down, apply it to a few spots, and if you don't like it, quickly dab it back off afghani with a tupissue before it has the chance to dry properly.

I would advise taking the painting in with you and asking the advice of the staff art the shop.  Mostly they are trained and practicing artists, giving them the ability to advise customers regarding the materials they sell.

I hope that helps you @Former-Member ....

πŸŽ¨πŸ’•

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes that is helpful thank you @Faith-and-Hope, and you're right - the spots are only in the background. Hadn't thought of taking it into an art supply place for advise, but I definitely won't try fixing myself now you say, I am new at this, and only acrylics, very inexperienced. Thanks again πŸ™‚

Y'welcome ..... 😊

@Former-Member

IMAG0662_1.jpg

Here is one of my favourite paintings I've done

IMAG0537.jpg

Everyone seems to like this one. 

@Faith-and-Hope 

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.