Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

At least the person running the group is someone I know and she is going to meet me and a couple of other participants at a certain place for the first session, and walk us to the group room @Snowie  

oh it’s good that your D can get them all out at once under a GA.  Had mine all done individually and while I was awake. It was horrible. I remember for one of them they let a student do part of it and I still clearly remember having all sorts of instruments shoved down my throat. Horrendous. 

Your SW? Support worker? I didn’t know you had one? Is that a new thing? 
mine tries to help. No she is helpful. I am very grateful. She is just not clinical at all. If she has any real concerns she calls comm mh. 
my SW was off today. So I had another female SW come with me to my pdoc appointment. I sat with her while we waited and I just don’t gel with her. I really don’t know what is gonna happen when I am forced to move on from my current one. (Don’t think about it now bow…. You still have time with this one. No use stressing about it now). 

I’ve just curled up in bed for abit. D is at her fathers until after dinner.  I won’t really do much for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my CM in the afternoon. And we will get ready for and pack for market on Saturday. 

you got much on over the coming days?

Well that might make things a little easier for you @Bow if you know the group facilitator. 

It does sound like that others might be just as nervous as you are.

A GA will be much better. Just going to cost me a fortune even with private health cover since it will be done in a private hospital too.

The Support Worker thing is new. After leaving hospital they got approval for a SW for 12 sessions for me. They are organised through the hospital I was in. I guess the new support it good, however realise that after 12 sessions then that will be it. It won't be extended.

I know you have a lot of changes coming up. I'm sure they are weighing heavily on your mind.

It would be stressful.

Not much coming up. Just staying at home. Struggling to find the motivation to leave the house.

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Howdy @Bow sorry ended up taking a personal day yesterday. But I've been reading along, it sounds like there's a lot happening with talks of ECT, more med changes, and upcoming ED group - wow hun, please give yourself credit (and a break?) for managing whilst so many things require energy and thought from you. 

Sounds like everything is a bit hectic for you too @Snowie - wisdom teeth removal is SO expensive, it's ridiculous. Hope it goes smoothly! 

Sending you both some big hugs 🫂🫂 I'll be on PGC tonight so can't chat too much this evening, but maybe see you in there 💜

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @Jynx  hope your day off was just what you needed and refreshing for ya. Hope you’re ok. 

im not keen for ECT, I had a bad memory loss last time, but it did help. Hopefully these new meds help…. If it gets approved. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

It was @Bow caught up on some much needed sleep! 

Yeah the memory loss is a rough side effect for sure, but I hope if it eventuates it proves helpful again. Fingers crossed, and for meds to be approved too 🤞

I've had memory loss too from ect @Bow It is the most frustrating thing about having it.

I hope you got some sleep last night and today is going ok.

Sending lots of love 💗💗

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @Snowie 

I generally sleep ok until about midnight/1am, then the rest of the night is very broken. 

I went and seen my CM this afternoon. I had the intention of going in and being honest. But she didn’t really give me much of an opportunity to do so. I walked out frustrated and defeated. 

hope your day is going ok?

I always find getting to sleep ok, it's just staying asleep that is the problem.

I'm sorry about your CM @Bow It takes a long time to work up the courage to be honest, then you don't have the opportunity to do so.

Here if you need to get anything out.

My day is going ok. Made it from the bed to the couch. Prn are helping.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah nothing that I can say but on here @Snowie  without potentially triggering others or getting myself into trouble.

I’ll just keep in locked inside.

Glad you made it to the couch. Some days just need to be like that.

we have market tomorrow. Really hoping the rain holds off! Oh and I got approval to sell my art there thankfully. 

I can understand that @Bow I've wanted to say a few things lately but don't want to upset anyone. Plus I don't want someone turning up at my door.

Can you at least write it out? Might not help but might too.

I'm glad you got approval to sell your art hon. Hopefully it goes well and you are able to sell a lot. Then that means you will have to make a whole new lot!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.