Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Shaz51 oh yay, yes fingers very crossed!! 🤞

Poor Mr Shaz, going through it hey! Both of you are. I got a big pile of huggles for the two of you, right here:🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂

Keep some in the cupboard so you can have a Jynx hug whenever you need 😉

That's tough about your mother's diagniosis, @Snowie  😢

Do you think she's willing to get her affairs in order like the doctor advised?

Surely you don't have to become her caregiver - I mean, that there is professional help available? I'm worried about you becoming her caregiver and having nothing left for yourself @Snowie  😣

Good luck with your psych today, I hope they can help 🤞💙

Well saw my psych this morning. Spoke about mum's diagnosis and not much more. Didn't really get to anything else. Now meant to wait another two weeks. I really needed to talk about a few things. Sometimes I wish the appt.s were longer.

Got up the supermarket at least.

So now Mum is saying she is just going to k*ll herself instead. Then I was told that I don't show her any affection or compassion. That all she needed yesterday was a hug which I didn't give her. That I don't care. Doesn't matter that I took her to both of her appointments yesterday, that one was a 2 hour round trip. Doesn't matter that I spoke to 'home help' today to see what things we can put in place for her. I honestly don't know why I bother. I might as well just give up. My day just goes from bad to sh*thouse.

Hi hun @Snowie 

I am so sorry to hear that your mum said that, that must have been so tough to hear 

It sounds like you've been doing more than your capacity 

I agree that sometimes psych appointments go by so quick and you don't even get the chance to discuss everything

Here for you

Hugs ❤️

Sorry your mum seems so ungrateful @Snowie  thats not fair of her to treat you like that. Hope you’re getting some time to yourself this afternoon and can take care of you. 

Ugh, your mother @Snowie. I think you’re the one needing a hug.

🤗🫂🤗

Thanks @Bow @lavenderhaze @Eve7 

I realise that she is upset and doesn't have anyone else to talk to and release her emotions, but what she doesn't realise is every time she makes an insensitive comment it just breaks me a little bit more. I've spoken to her numerous times about making comments to me and it just seems to go in one ear and out the other.

Then tomorrow I am just expected to take her to another appt. because she has no one else.

I am just over everything.

ohhh hugs my @Snowie ❤️

every day is going to show different reactions

what happened today , you mum can react differently tomorrow 

she is going to say things that will be hurtful my darling , sorry xxx

a little tip --- dont tell her " I told you that before " as she will not remember and they find it upset them more as they know something is wrong 

I dont know what level your mum is at but  sitting with you xxxx

Thanks @Shaz51 

The thing that really annoys me is that she says "I know I probably shouldn't say this but..." and then says something hurtful to me. So she knows exactly what she is saying still. She is not that far that she doesn't realise.

Also doesn't matter that for the last 13 years she has lived with us rent free. That I have supported her and my Dad (when he was alive) for a long time now.

this is the hardest bit @Snowie is when they are not that bad 

my mum only had a  bit of dementia but she was cunning 

it is had my friend xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.