Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Oh that's tough @Snowie - do you feel like you automatically need to take up the mantle? 

Oh gladness, I hope they are both lucrative appts that meet your current needs 🤞😊

Sending you lots of hugs my @Snowie ❤️ sitting with you 

I think breaking it down into sections of what need to be done now step by step 

Like becoming her Epoa

I know it is very hard not to think too far ahead 

@Jynx my mother lives with us as it is. She has her own granny flat linked to our house, so I guess it is just a given that I will be the one to care for her. She has no one else.

Thanks @Shaz51 It is hard not to think too far ahead, but I do think we just have to take it day by day.

Just finding tonight a bit hard, don't think I have any tears left. Really should stop reading things.

I really hope in all of this you are still able to continue with what your family needs to do @Snowie especially having your snow holiday this year. Creating family time will be important hon.

Lots of love 💜💜💜

Sending you understanding hugs @Snowie 

I became my mum's carer , epoa, sold the car , aged care services,, meals on wheels  before the doctor put her in hospital aged care 

Thanks @Eve7 

I am hoping our holidays can go ahead but I really think it is just a matter of wait and see.

Bit by bit.

@Shaz51 might be picking your brain in times to come. You certainly are a wealth of information.

Anyway, how are you both going today?

You can pick my brain 🧠 anytime 😊 my awesome friend 🧡 @Snowie 

No work today,  Mr shaz had a kidneys scan today as his kidney function has declined suddenly to 50 % and falling 

Tomorrow he has another scan and blood tests and gets the results next week 🙃 

@Jynx 

That's hard @Snowie to have it become you by default. I hope a balance can be found in terms of ensuring her needs are being met, whilst also ensuring you can continue to meet your own needs 🤞

Thanks @Shaz51 

Will certainly pick your brain.

I'm sorry to hear about Mr Shaz. What does that mean moving forward?

@Jynx I guess no point complaining over something you can't change. It has already started in some ways, I have been going to every medical appt. with her for awhile now.

Hopefully I can find a balance when it is needed. 

Waiting for the results to see why first @Snowie , @Jynx 

Mr shaz is feeling totally had it , sick in the stomach because of it all , anxious 

I am trying to be strong for both of us 

And I still getting my mum's stuff in order 🙃 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.