Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I can understand @Snowie 

It might take some time to work

I hope it brings you some comfort

I am logging off for the day but I will check in with you tomorrow 

Please take care ❤️

Thanks @lavenderhaze @Shaz51 for the support

It's not going to get any better so why bother. Why bother with this with anything.

Let’s have a cuppa @Snowie sorry I don’t have any cake to offer you.

💜💜

Thanks @Eve7 I doubt I'd eat anyway, not hungry.

Home alone here. Can't move of the couch but mind racing around. Different ideas keep coming.

I appreciate you hon, knowing that you are going through so much yourself.

How are you going?

I’ve been reading a book most of today @Snowie , A very private school by Charles Spencer. It’s not uplifting and tells of the abuse at his very posh boarding school where he was sent at age 8. Unbelievable.

Other than that my daughter in law’s grandmother has passed away today. Just a bit of a season for us right now.

Did you see pdoc today? I see mine in the morning.

I've never heard of that book @Eve7 

I have about 8 books at home that I am yet to read. Normally pick them up at op shops instead of paying full price.

I'm sorry to hear about another loss hon. I'm sure it hits home and brings up past memories too. My heart goes out to you.

I spoke with pdoc this morning. Told him all about mum and that things are starting to spiral again. Gave me a few suggestions and talked about respite care. Yes I can look into it, but like everything else there is a process. Lot's of paperwork to fill out, waiting for people to get back to me and of course waiting for everything to get approved.

I'm struggling to see that way forward again. Last time I ended up in hospital. I don't want to go down that path. Would rather just be finished with it all.

I know you were hesitant about seeing your pdoc hon. I really hope that they can help or at least be someone you can talk to about what has been happening. 

I borrowed the book from the library @Snowie as I just did a cull of books at home and am trying not to collect too many more. I was given Ash Barty's biography for my birthday so I have that waiting to be read. Mum sent me a Peter Alexander gift card so I've been out and bought a new pink nightie and can't wait to get into bed.

With seeing pdoc I just have no words at present and don't want to waste her time, even though I'm sure she'll assure me I'm not. I have so much bottled up inside and fear that if she so much as looks at me I'll lose it and say too much.

DIL is cooking tonight so at least I don't have to do that. What's on the menu at your home tonight?

I've read Ash Barty's book @Eve7 It is a good read, you should enjoy it.

Nothing better than new PJ's and bed hon.

I know that feeling of saying too much hon. But maybe she needs to hear it all. Maybe you just need to get it out too.

Just having a chicken stir fry here. Everyone eats it and it's quick to cook.

I haven't the energy to do much more, plus my prn are making me sleepy.

Besides the pdoc tomorrow have you got anything else planned?

I’ll try and go for a walk after pdoc and do some of my uni assignment @Snowie 

Chicken stir fry is good. I’m having chicken, salad and baked potato.

Do you have anything planned for tomorrow? 

Hello @Eve7 , @Snowie 

I brought a cooked chicken at the shop and had roasted vegetables with it 😋 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.