Skip to main content

Re: My special place

@Snowie migraines and MH are like a chicken and egg situation. I do find their triggers overlap, and what helps one, helps the other. Matcha helps both, but once the effects wear off, migraines, depression and restlessness are back. It sort of happens simultaneously. Which makes sense in a way, both are linked with brain chemicals

Sorry to jump in @creative_writer  but have you seen a neurologist? 

Thats fair enough @creative_writer 

Not sure if I can offer anything here, you probably have already exhausted all options.

Not sure what neurologists do but might be worth the try.

Neurologists look at the brain… or at least one of the things they look at @Snowie 

I was having these horrendous brain zaps a couple of years ago. GP referred me to a neurologist. 

@Bow and @Snowie I have seen a neurologist before, it’s how I got the diagnosis but not for a while. I still take the migraine meds I was prescribed, though I’m currently using it as a mood stabiliser. It’s also used for bipolar. It helps with migraines but it’s not enough. It probably wouldn’t hurt to have another consult

Might be worth it @creative_writer 

It would be hard having them every day. Maybe they might not make them go away, but even lessen the pain/affect might help.

I use to get migraines @creative_writer and there is no way I could deal with one every day. I’d be going back and asking for more options … your amazing for putting up with it!

@Snowie and @Bow I’ve tried different things like different pain relief (but problem with this is you can’t take them regularly), I’ve tried dietary supplements and I accidentally discovered cuppas helps them, but it only really delays pain onset, doesn’t get rid of them. I’ve also tried other medication as preventatives from GPs before too, I don’t currently take them either of them anymore

@creative_writer  Am shocked and sorry to hear you get migraines every night! 😢

@Snowie Well done for going out to K-Mart. Yes, I imagine it would've been packed. 

I did my errands yesterday so I feel pleased. Today is just work, without having to stop off to do errands before and after work and becoming stressed. It's the new plan my psychologist has for me. It clashes with my agoraphobia, but I'm trying it. 

I hope staying in your room helped yesterday evening. How are you feeling today? 🤞

Ruah Community Services supports and empowers vulnerable and disadvantaged people so they can create meaningful change in their lives.

13 RUAH (13 7824)

255 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

connecting@ruah.org.au

Ruah Community Services acknowledges and respects the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Custodians/Owners of the land on which we work, live and build our lives, families, and communities. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.